What exactly does Project Forgive do?
Project Forgive’s primary focus is to relieve suffering by making an impact on physical and emotional health through the practice and skill of forgiveness. We do that by creating free resources for the millions who visit us each month, enhancing initiatives for kids at risk in the juvenile justice system, and supporting veteran-owned businesses who’ve courageously served our country.
Are you an actual non-profit?
Yes, we are a 501c3 non-profit. All donations are tax deductible. Tax ID: 46-3365134 Donate
What is Project Forgive's history? How did you get started?
When Gary Weinstein lost his entire family to a drunk driver, Dr. Shawne Duperon produced a little 5-minute video that went viral. The compelling story of Gary’s journey of forgiving the unforgivable touched millions.
A twist in the circumstances generated global media attention. Documentarian Dr Shawne was not only a dear family friend of the Weinstein family, she was also a dear family friend of the man who caused the deaths.
The unprecedented response was the catalyst to start the Project Forgive Foundation in 2014. It became apparent that the world was ready for an authentic conversation on forgiveness, one of inclusion that crosses gender, racial, religious, and political boundaries.
Is Project Forgive affiliated with a religious or political organization?
We are not affiliated, involved or related to any religious sect or political group. Project Forgive is a non-sectarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization.
When is your documentary coming out?
The documentary will be launched on Facebook’s new video platform in 2018 with our partners at Shared. It will also air on PBS nationally. Once the dates are selected and the program officially airs, the documentary will be available for free on our website. You will also be able to purchase a DVD, which will support our non-profit financially.
How can I stay updated on the work you're doing?
What is Mission Joy?
Mission Joy came about when Dr. Shawne began talking with people across the country during her popular Facebook Live Broadcasts. She encountered exactly what research shows: When you struggle to forgive someone, chances are high you struggle with feelings of joy and happiness, too.
With that said, Dr. Shawne started the Mission Joy Campaign to remind us all, that while we do experience challenges in life, there are still precious, joyful moments to savor.
Mission Joy is two-fold:
1) Dr. Shawne travels across the country spreading joy through gift-giving to those she encounters, from our partners and sponsors. You can see episodes here.
2) Through our partners at Shared and TicketMonster, we created a low-cost platform for travel and entertainment at significantly reduced costs. A portion of all proceeds benefits Project Forgive, enabling us to offer free resources and programming.
Why do you share animals all the time in social?
Research consistently shows that animals have an exquisite ability to soothe us when we’re hurting and to help us deepen bonds with others. Connecting with animals is especially useful for those of us wanting more connection, compassion and forgiveness in our lives.
How can I make a difference for Project Forgive?
There are several ways to make a difference and get involved:
1) Making a donation to Project Forgive is quick and simple! You can donate online through our secure website, or mail a check.
2) AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Project
Forgive every time you shop online and it costs nothing.
3) You can donate air miles Every mile donated helps foster progressive skills across the globe. Once donated, your miles will never expire and are used to support educational trainings that promote compassion and forgiveness in schools, judicial systems, and in the workplace. This is just one simple way you can help make a difference for a solution-based world.
Please contact Hily@ProjectForgive.com to donate miles.
6) You can get involved with our Mission Joy Campaign and Entertainment program.
7) You can host a fundraiser.
How can I get my company involved?
Your company can get involved in several ways:
-You can contact us for information to sponsor an event
Can I send a question for Dr. Shawne to address on your Facebook Live Broadcasts?
You sure can.
Simply head to contact us and ask your question.
How can I join your Facebook group on social media?
You can join our compassionate Project Forgive Facebook Group. This forum allows for intimate Q&A’s in a safe environment.
Can I hire Dr. Shawne to speak to our organization or keynote at a conference?
Yes you can. You can contact her office, here.