Keeping a loving, healthy marriage takes courage, commitment and being unstoppable for love and connection.
We recently ran across this list by an anonymous writer that touched our hearts.
We could all deeply relate. Marriage isn’t all romance, candy, and flowers. It’s for two mature people who choose to continuously grow together.
Here is some food for thought for couples eager to call it quits after the infatuation wears off, to throw in the towel on your relationship because everything isn’t “perfect” … and a reminder that you’re not alone:
Lifelong commitment is not what most people think it is. It’s not waking up every morning to make breakfast and eat together. It’s not cuddling in bed until both of you fall asleep.
– It’s not a clean home, filled with laughter and lovemaking every day.
– It’s someone who steals all the covers, and snores, it’s slammed doors and a few harsh words at times.
– It’s stubbornly disagreeing and giving each other the silent treatment until your hearts heal, and then offering forgiveness.
– It’s coming home to the same person every day that you know loves and cares about you in spite of, and because of, who you are.
– It’s laughing about the one time you accidentally did something stupid.
– It’s about dirty laundry and unmade beds.
– It’s about helping each other with the hard work of life.
– It’s about swallowing the nagging words instead of saying them out loud.
– It’s about eating the easiest meal you can make and sitting down together at a late hour because you both had a crazy day.
– It’s when you have an emotional breakdown and your love lays down with you and holds you and tells you everything is going to be okay. And you believe them.
– It’s about still loving someone even though sometimes they make you feel absolutely insane.
Loving someone isn’t always easy, sometimes it’s hard. But it is amazing and comforting and one of the best things you will ever experience.
Here’s to your marriage.